Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Roberta Marton <ro...@esgyn.com> on 2015/11/13 18:01:47 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 1.3.0 ready for release - release candidate 4

Let’s try this again.  A show stopper problem was found yesterday so new
artifacts were uploaded to the staging area – see TRAFODION-1623 for details

Please vote to release Apache Trafodion 1.3.0 (incubating).

This is a podling vote verifying that Trafodion contributors believe the
code is ready to be released.

Once votes are approved, a message will be sent to the IPMC community to
ask for an official vote.

Many, many thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.

The release artifacts can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafodion from directory
apache-trafodion-1.3.0-incubating

The artifacts are based on git repository:
git@github.com:apache/incubator-trafodion with tag 1.3.0rc2

Instructions on how to build and run Apache Trafodion are described:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Using+the+Software#UsingtheSoftware-Download,build,andinstallTrafodionusingsourcetarfileonApachedistributionsite

Note that these instructions describe downloading from the release
directory.  The artifacts are currently in the staging area  described
above.

Please download the release candidate, check the hashes, check the
signatures, build it, and vote.  For instructions on how to check
signatures and hashes see:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/How+to+Release+Trafodion#HowtoReleaseTrafodion-verifysignature

The source tar file has been signed with pgp key A44C5A05 which is included
in the download location’s KEYS file and found in the mit keyserver:

    http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA44C5A05

For changes included in the release, please see the release notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=61326700

The changes from rc2 to rc4 include (rc3 was skipped because the tag was
not applied properly):

*TRAFODION-1623: Installation fails because Maven is not in path

The vote will be open for 72 hours (ends on 11/18 10:00 am PST).

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

   Regards,

   Roberta

Re: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 1.3.0 ready for release - release candidate 4

Posted by Suresh Subbiah <su...@gmail.com>.
+ 1
Built good for me too.

Thanks
Suresh

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.
+1

Posted by Hans Zeller <ha...@esgyn.com>.
+1

Hand-applied the last fix to sqenvcom.sh to my previous copy and built
again. Built objects work with install_local_hadoop. This was tested on a
CentOS 6.7 VM image.

One thing I encountered was that my minimal CentOS system didn't have mvn
in my path. Adding it to the path fixed my issue (failure in bldenvchk.sh
and in the libhdfs build step).

Hans

Posted by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>.
Sorry all: Correction: Cloudera 5.3.5

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> Was able to take the 1.3rc4 build and install on an exisiting 2 node
> Cloudera 5.4.5 system. Clean install. Initialize trafodion worked
> nicely, and was able to create a table.
>
> Glad we got this resolved. Thanks all!!
>

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> +1 for me.
>>
>> I was able to download, build, do an install_local_hadoop, run sqlci,
>> initialize trafodion, create a simple table, populate it, select from it,
>> drop it all without incident. Also I ran one of the regression suites,
>> fullstack2, and that passed.
>>
>> I checked the LICENSE, DISCLAIMER, NOTICES and README files and they all
>> look good with one minor exception.
>>
>> The NOTICES file in the apache-trafodion-1.3.0-incubating directory has a
>> Hewlett-Packard copyright. There are additional NOTICES files in the dcs and
>> wms subdirectories with additional copyrights. I think that ASF requires all
>> of these to be rolled up into one NOTICES file in the
>> apache-trafodion-1.3.0-incubating directory. If this is correct, we can just
>> file a JIRA and fix it next release I think.
>>
>> Dave

Amanda Moran

Re: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 1.3.0 ready for release - release candidate 4

Posted by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>.
+1

Was able to take the 1.3rc4 build and install on an exisiting 2 node
Cloudera 5.4.5 system. Clean install. Initialize trafodion worked
nicely, and was able to create a table.

Glad we got this resolved. Thanks all!!

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +1 for me.
>
> I was able to download, build, do an install_local_hadoop, run sqlci,
> initialize trafodion, create a simple table, populate it, select from it,
> drop it all without incident. Also I ran one of the regression suites,
> fullstack2, and that passed.
>
> I checked the LICENSE, DISCLAIMER, NOTICES and README files and they all
> look good with one minor exception.
>
> The NOTICES file in the apache-trafodion-1.3.0-incubating directory has a
> Hewlett-Packard copyright. There are additional NOTICES files in the dcs and
> wms subdirectories with additional copyrights. I think that ASF requires all
> of these to be rolled up into one NOTICES file in the
> apache-trafodion-1.3.0-incubating directory. If this is correct, we can just
> file a JIRA and fix it next release I think.
>
> Dave

Amanda Moran

RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 1.3.0 ready for release - release candidate 4