Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Matthias Schneider <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/18 16:54:24 UTC

ODE (BPEL) on Android phones?

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a BPEL execution engine for Android phones. Is it possible
to use ODE for this?

So far I've tried to use it with two web containers designed for Android:
i-jetty (http://code.google.com/p/i-jetty/) and Atjeews (
http://tjws.sourceforge.net/atjeews.html).

When I simply put the ode.war in the webapps folder of each server, the
html frontend of ODE (http://localhost:8080/ode) seems to work at first
glance; however, when trying to deploy a bpel process, ode still says: zero
processes running.

The atjeews website says that standard Java bytecode has to be converted to
Dalvik first, and that JSP has to be precompiled, since there is no JSP
java compiler on android... they provide a 7bee script for that. I've tried
the script with a small hello_world.war with some simple JSPs in it, and it
works fine then.

However, when trying to do that with ode.war the bee script gives me lots
of errors, for example:

A)
org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
file:C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Temp/war_temp3/axis2-web/listGroupService.jsp
(line: 37, column: 0) Expecting "jsp:param" standard action with "name" and
"value" attributes

B) hundreds of warnings like this:
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\war_temp3\WEB-INF\lib\activation-1.1.jar
warning: Ignoring InnerClasses attribute for an anonymous inner class
(javax.activation.DataHandler$1) that doesn't come with an associated
EnclosingMethod attribute. This class was probably produced by a compiler
that did not target the modern .class file format. The recommended solution
is to recompile the class from source, using an up-to-date compiler and
without specifying any "-target" type options. The consequence of ignoring
this warning is that reflective operations on this class will incorrectly
indicate that it is *not* an inner class.

C)
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\war_temp3\WEB-INF\lib\geronimo-ejb_2.1_spec-1.1.jar

trouble processing "javax/xml/rpc/handler/MessageContext.class":
Ill-advised or mistaken usage of a core class (java.* or javax.*) when not
building a core library.
This is often due to inadvertently including a core library file in your
application's project, when using an IDE (such as Eclipse). If you are sure
you're not intentionally defining a core class, then this is the most
likely explanation of what's going on. [...]
1 error; aborting
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.SecurityException: Please do not leave.
        at org.bee.processor.Task$1.checkExit(Task.java:220)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:105) [...]

D)
trouble processing:
bad utf-8 byte 9e at offset 00000002
...while parsing cst 03be at offset 000025db
...while parsing cst 0007 at offset 0000001e
...while parsing org/apache/xalan/res/XSLTErrorResources_ru.class
...while processing org/apache/xalan/res/XSLTErrorResources_ru.class
[...]
...while parsing org/apache/xerces/impl/xpath/regex/ParserForXMLSchema.class
...while processing
org/apache/xerces/impl/xpath/regex/ParserForXMLSchema.class
[...]
...while parsing org/apache/xerces/impl/xpath/regex/Token.class
...while processing org/apache/xerces/impl/xpath/regex/Token.class

When using the resulting war file, nothing really changes: the ODE frontend
still shows me the html pages, but it still says: zero processes running.

Does anybody have an idea if/how I can get ODE to work on Android phones?

Thank you

Re: ODE (BPEL) on Android phones?

Posted by ri...@free.fr.

Posted by Alessio Carenini <al...@cefriel.it>.