Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/13 15:39:43 UTC

Versioning/branching after 2.0 release

After the 2.0 release, how are we going to do versioning?

One idea is to have 2.0.x releases with bugfixes only, where new features
and any API changes would go into a 2.1 release.

Another way of doing this is to simply have a 2.1 release next containing
both bugfixes and new features as well as API changes if any.

And perhaps there are other ways...

I don't have a strong preference about this but it may be good to discuss
this since it may determine how we do branching going forward.

Thoughts?

Remko