Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Tommy Wang <li...@august8.net> on 2016/04/10 06:55:53 UTC

Pre-deploy topologies for Storm

I am interested in implementing a Storm topology that consists only of
ShellBolt/ShellSpout components written in Golang (via gostorm). I do
not need to dynamically upload my spouts and bolts to the supervisors
-- the hosts will be preconfigured such that the go binaries are
already on the system.

I have built the storm.thrift models and plan on using submitTopology
to programmatically submit topologies to Nimbus.  The question is,
without the need to distribute spouts and bolts to the supervisors,
what goes into my JAR file?  Can I simply pass an empty string to the
uploadedJarLocation?  Or will I need to submit an empty JAR?

Furthermore, in the event that I do want to run some ad-hoc
topologies, perhaps using a mixture of Golang and JVM spouts/bolts,
how do I build a JAR containing mixed JVM/nonJVM components?  Given
that I still plan on submitting topologies programmtically (not
through storm shell, etc), I assume that I would need to build the
JARs manually.

Thanks,
Tommy