Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by David Pratt <fa...@shaw.ca> on 2004/01/15 02:46:28 UTC

Slide & PHP

I don't know if there is anyone here on the slide list that also
scripts in PHP.  Was thinking there might be a way to use Slide with
PHP front end through Slide's API.  Any possibilities here?  Was
thinking document management with a flexible front end, single
authentication process and flexible storage on database or in
filesystem.

I am not a Java programmer but perhaps someone can point out whether
Tomcat / JBoss and PHP are happy together - can't see that they
wouldn't be - just haven't done this before.

Re: Slide & PHP

Posted by David Pratt <fa...@shaw.ca>.
I think this sounds like an interesting approach.  I am not familiar
with the jk adapter at this point but I will look into this.  I am just
trying to get a few ideas on how I might proceed to use Slide v2 so all
avenues of though on this are welcome.  Thank you for your reply.

Regards,
Dave

Re: Slide & PHP

Posted by Richard Unger <ru...@cim.mcgill.ca>.
Hi!

Re: Slide & PHP

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
David Pratt <fa...@shaw.ca> writes:

> I don't know if there is anyone here on the slide list that also
> scripts in PHP.  Was thinking there might be a way to use Slide with
> PHP front end through Slide's API.  Any possibilities here?  Was
> thinking document management with a flexible front end, single
> authentication process and flexible storage on database or in
> filesystem.

Don't know much about PHP, but I would not access Slide through
its API, but the WebDAV protocol. Google finds some PHP WebDAV clients.
Accessing Slide through WebDAV is slightly slower than the API, but much
more flexible.

Martin