Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gianluca D'Introno <gi...@hotmail.com> on 2001/12/06 11:31:11 UTC

Tomcat 4.0 + SSL: How to Configure Client Authentication

Hi guy,
I'm using Tomcat 4.0 + SSL.
I have installed  the server certificate and everything work when I use
Https whitouth ClientAuthentication.
I should  have Client Authentication and so I have set the ClientAuth
attribute of the element HttpConnector in Server.xml to the value "true".
When I try to connect to the Https site, the browser send  me this message:
1) "No user certificate" on Netscape
2) "The  web site you want to view request identification" on Explorer.

Certificate are installed on my browser, so I don't undertand why they don't
are accepted.

Is  there somethings to configure on Tomcat webserver?
Please Help me!!!!

Gianluca D'Introno