Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Chinmayi Narasimhadevara <ch...@avvenu.com> on 2005/09/20 01:02:15 UTC

James Spool Manager repository mails not sent to mailet

Hi
I have a problem with the mails in file://var/mail/spool getting
processed. The mails remain in the repository after the server has been
running for sometime and they remain there only, and are only sent to
the mailet when I restart the server. I see some exceptions being logged
in the spoolmanager.log.Any suggestions about what might be the problem?
Thanks
Chinmayi

Re: James Spool Manager repository mails not sent to mailet

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Well, it seems you have a problem in your Mailet.
Check that you are using correclty the httpClient in your
UploadMailet.relayMessage method.
Probably your code does something wrong and each James' spool thread just
hang on your mailet: when you restart james, james will force the  shutdown
of the threads so it logs any exception thrown during the dispose.

Stefano

Posted by Chinmayi Narasimhadevara <ch...@avvenu.com>.
I changed the configuration file so that all mails sent to a particular
email address are sent into my custom mailet and then the mailet handles
this mail. The spool just stops getting into the custom mailet after the
server is run for a couple of days (2-3 days) and the volume of the
mails is not extraordinarily high(about 1or 2 in 5 mins). When I restart
[...]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
19/09/05 13:49:24 ERROR spoolmanager: An error occurred processing
Mail1126977720137-286 through root
19/09/05 13:49:24 ERROR spoolmanager: Result was error
19/09/05 13:49:24 ERROR spoolmanager: Exception in processor <root>
 If I dont restart the server then the logs are not generated and only
the SMTPserver log shows that the mail was successfully spooled and
added to the queue. After I restart the server then the spool manager
log shows the above.
Please give me some suggestions.
Thanks again
Chinmayi