Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Joe Toth <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/22 22:44:28 UTC

Expanded Bundle

I apologize in advance since this is, kind of, a user question, but there is
no user mailing list yet...and I'm also new to OSGi in general.

Is there a way to install an expanded bundle?

Basically, it would be nice if I could do something like 'install
classpath:/home/jtoth/project/bin" which would have the MANIFEST/MANIFEST.MF
and classes as a bundled jar.  Its nice to be able to use hot class
swapping, plus if the MANIFEST/MANIFEST.MF changes to automatically 'update'
the bundle.

Then I could even autostart all the bundles in development...

felix.auto.start.1= \
 classpath:/home/jtoth/project/bin ...

Or is there any other way to develop bundles than packaging them?

Thanks

Re: Expanded Bundle

Posted by Joe Toth <jo...@gmail.com>.
Referencing an exploded JAR works great, thanks!

Its nice when developing things to be able to hit 'save' and check your
application without having some kind of intermediate step, which I know is
possible with Eclipse Builders and an Ant (Maven?) script to 'update' the
bundle.  So that seems like a good solution to me.

Thanks

Re: Expanded Bundle

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> You can install an exploded bundle JAR file by specifying a URL like:
>
>    reference:file:/path/to/my/bundle/
>
> The path should point to a JAR file that is exploded in the exact
> structure of a bundle JAR, such as if you simply did a "jar xf" on the
> bundle.

That should say, "The path should point to a directory that is exploded..."

-> richard

Re: Expanded Bundle

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.