Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Minsheng Shen <mi...@avaya.com> on 2013/05/30 21:22:26 UTC

how to add a carriage return to the end of output

Hi
I am using Camel 2.10.4 and using File2 component as output of a route. It
seems fileExist=Append option does not add a carriage return to the end of
ouput. I want to add carrage return to every entry so that the output looks
nicer.
Here is the route:
<onException useOriginalMessage="true">
	    	<exception>org.springframework.dao.DataAccessException</exception>
	    	<redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="5" redeliveryDelay="1000"
backOffMultiplier="2"/>
	  	 <transform>
	    			<simple>${in.body}\n</simple>
    		</transform>
uri="file:{{bad.messages.dir}}?fileName={{bad.messages.file}}&amp;autoCreate=true&amp;fileExist=Append"
/>
</onException>

 I also tried
<transform>
	   <simple>${in.body}\r</simple>
</transform>
The Simple language page http://camel.apache.org/simple.html says from
Camel 2.9.3 onwards, "\n" should work add a newline. I tried both "\n" and
"\r", and they do not work.
Did I do anything wrong?
Thanks