Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2008/04/03 02:09:23 UTC

jython license review

Over in hbase-land we're evaluating replacements for our SQL-like shell
(HBASE-487).   An amended jython is a possibility but  I was wondering
if the license was Apache-amenable?  It looks OK to me --
http://www.jython.org/Project/license.html -- but I'm not an expert.

JRuby and beanshell for sure won't work because of license.

Groovy is a possibility; its Apache licensed and integration was
straight-forward.

Anything else folks thing we should be looking at?

Thanks,
St.Ack

Re: FTP Server for Hadoop

Posted by Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>.
Goel, Ankur wrote:
> Hi hadoop devs,
>            I am planning to develop an FTP server that runs on top
> of HDFS. The intent is to expose an FTP interface to HDFS so that any
> remote
> client who does not know of hadoop/HDFS can upload data into HDFS.
> For FTP client it will be just one big disk.
>
> The idea is to leverage what is already available in Apache
> http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver.html
> and build on top of it.

having a FTP client that was HDFS aware would also be useful I would
think. while distcp can do the job, some sysadmins are stuck in their
ways ;-)

FTP Server for Hadoop

RE: jython license review

Posted by Chia James Chang <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.