Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Philippe Vanhaesendonck <pv...@be.oracle.com> on 1997/04/25 12:30:01 UTC

os-hpux/482: OS Regex seems to be broken - need to set WANTHSREGEX=yes

>Number:         482
>Category:       os-hpux
>Synopsis:       OS Regex seems to be broken - need to set WANTHSREGEX=yes
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I recently upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2.
Since I have a lot <Location> tags with the same content, I decided to use
the regex facility from 1.2.
Configure choosed for the HP-UX regex.
My testing ran fine, but after a while, a got crazy side effects - after some
investigation I discovered that some regex where not matched anymore (reaload
of the same page ignores the <Location> after a while.
I recompiled with  WANTHSREGEX=yes and all runs fine now.
So the Configure should not choose for HP-UX regex...
>How-To-Repeat:
I have the problem with almost all regex in <Location> eg:
<Location ~ "/cgi-bin/(fxmgr.pl|mailmgr.pl)">
require         valid-user
</Location>
after a while (about 10 reloads), no password will be asked!
>Fix:
Force WANTHSREGEX=yes on HP-U