Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Yashasree <ya...@tatainfotech.com> on 2001/06/12 14:41:42 UTC

Problem of sending an object back as an output parameter

Hi

We have a web service method which sends an object back to the browser. We
are using the SOAP server talking to a browser client with wsdl files and
Apache SOAP. As mentioned in docs, we generated a Serializer object using
the IBM toolkit. But somehow it fails to instantiate the serializer that we
have created. More precisely, it fails in the
Class.forName() method while creating objects after reading the deployment
descriptor.

Any idea? Any different setting for the classpath?

Thanx
Yash

mod_jk and virtual hosts

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@ozemail.com.au>.
hey list,

I haven't been able to find anything in the archive that talks about
this, so I'm going to ask potentially a stupid question.  I've got
apache/tomcat working nicely together, using mod_jk as documented.
Thing is, I want to have a dev area on the same domain, but listening on
8080.  This is a piece of cake as far as apache goes, but I haven't been
able to get it working with tomcat.  The virtual host settings appear to
be ignored (which I assume means that the information isn't making it to
tomcat, or my understanding of the virtual hosts is off).

I've tried sniffing the traffic to see what is passed (on 8007, even
tried 8009 in case I was way off the mark), but all I could see was the
response, I couldn't see any information being passed through.  This
says to me that I have no idea how apache tells tomcat what it wants.
The only thing I can really think is does tomcat support virtuals on the
same name/ip with different ports?

Here's what I've got (extracts):

== httpd.conf ===

Include conf/mod_jk.conf-coxless
NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin dim@coxless.com
    DocumentRoot /projects/coxless/live/htdocs
    ServerName coxless.com
    ServerAlias www.coxless.com
    ErrorLog logs/coxless.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/coxless.com-access_log common
    JkMount /*.jsp ajp12
    JkMount /servlet/* ajp12
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:8080>
    ServerAdmin dimc@ozemail.com.au
    DocumentRoot /projects/coxless/dev/htdocs
    ServerName www.coxless.com
    ErrorLog logs/dev.www.coxless.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/dev.www.coxless.com-access_log common
    JkMount /*.jsp ajp12
    JkMount /servlet/* ajp12
</VirtualHost>

== mod_jk.conf-coxless ==
LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile /packages/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile /packages/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel debug

== server.xml ==
        <Context path="/"
                 docBase="/projects/coxless/live/webapps/coxless"
                 crossContext="false"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="false" >
        </Context>
        <Host name="coxless.com:8080" >
                <Context path="/"
                         docBase="/projects/coxless/dev/webapps/coxless"
                         crossContext="false"
                         debug="1"
                         reloadable="true" >
                </Context>
        </Host>
        <Host name="www.coxless.com:8080" >
                <Context path="/"
                         docBase="/projects/coxless/dev/webapps/coxless"
                         crossContext="false"
                         debug="1"
                         reloadable="true" >
                </Context>
        </Host>

workers.properties is as it comes, with the tomcat_home and java_home
set.

any feedback would be good.

cheers, and tia
dim