Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Theron Virgin <tv...@fdecorp.com> on 2005/01/18 22:56:08 UTC

New User Question

After installing the Axis server on my machine I was able to build the
Calculator example and it worked fine off of the same machine however when I
tried to copy the executable to a different machine I get "warning - the
configuration file was not found </axiscpp.conf>.  This application has
requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.  Please contact the
application's support team for more information."  What do I need to do to
set up the environment on the second machine?

Thanks

Theron

Re: New User Question

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
You need to have set up the AXISCPP_DEPLOY environment variable as
well as you need to have the axiscpp.conf file on this new machine. I
hope you could easily copy those from the original machine to this new
machine and modify the entries in the axiscpp.conf file accordingly.

The conf file is used both by server side as well as client side. On
the client side, it is used to identify client engine specific things
such as the transport etc. HTH

BTW: The client only configuration has not been documented seperately.
I think it is worth having a note in docs on this.

Thanks,
Samisa...