Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ittay Dror <it...@tikalk.com> on 2008/04/22 08:35:31 UTC

NoSuchArchiverException: No such archiver: 'nar'.

Hi,

I'm using FreeHEP NAR plugin to compile and package C++ modules. This
plugin creates attached artifacts (containing the resulting libraries
and header files) with 'nar' suffix. They are simply zip files

I'm trying to use the assembly plugin to create an assembly from these
modules (and regular java modules).

In my top, multi-module project, I use a simple descriptor (pasted
below) that uses moduleSets with attachmentClassifier.

When I try to run (mvn package assembly:assembly), I get the exception
in the subject.

I'd like to add a plexus component to handle the files:
        <component>

<role>org.codehaus.plexus.components.io.resources.PlexusIoResourceCollection</role>
                <role-hint>nar</role-hint>

<implementation>org.codehaus.plexus.components.io.resources.PlexusIoZipFileResourceCollection</implementation>
                <instantiation-strategy>per-lookup</instantiation-strategy>
        </component>

Where can I add it?

Thank you,
Ittay

descriptor:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<assembly>
  <id>optier</id>
  <formats>
    <format>tar.gz</format>
  </formats>
 <moduleSets>
    <moduleSet>
        <includes>
          <include>*:*</include>
        </includes>
        <binaries>
          <attachmentClassifier>i386-Linux-g++_shared</attachmentClassifier>
          <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
        </binaries>
    </moduleSet>
  </moduleSets>