Posted to user@ode.apache.org by kodeninja <ko...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/10 09:14:56 UTC

Re: How does ODE's BPEL Engine recover in the event of system failure?

Thanks for the reply, Matthieu.

I have a BPEL that performs a CRUD operation on an entity and responds back
to the calling client with a success/failure message accordingly. The client
starts the BPEL by sending a CRUD request. It provides a callback handler to
the BPEL to intimate it back when it's done. Now, if the BPEL engine crashes
in the middle of the process, what I see is that the client is never updated
with the actual status of the request (CRUD failed), whenever the engine is
re-started. So, in this case, where there's a callback to the client
involved, is it possible for the BPEL process to just proceed from the point
where it was, when the engine crashed, and complete the request?

Thanks,
-Kodeninja

Posted by Lars Ericsson <la...@yahoo.com>.

>is it possible for the BPEL process to just proceed from the point
>where it was, when the engine crashed, and complete the request?

No it is not possible.