Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de> on 2009/12/13 13:47:02 UTC

Re: SocialSite Podling status ?

Dave wrote on August 12, 2009:

> I hope to have another update very soon, I just wrote to my ol' buddy
Jonathan and my favorite Sun VP ;-)

Any news ?

(It would be sad if Oracle and/or Sun prevent this software to survive ...)

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: SocialSite Podling status ?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de> wrote:
> Dave wrote on August 12, 2009:
>
>> I hope to have another update very soon, I just wrote to my ol' buddy
> Jonathan and my favorite Sun VP ;-)
>
> Any news ?
>
> (It would be sad if Oracle and/or Sun prevent this software to survive ...)

I agree.

Last I heard was about 2 weeks ago. My contact at Sun had re-submitted
some paperwork and was hopeful that it would be approved. We'll have a
complete update in our status report, which is due in January.

- Dave