Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shimol Shah <sh...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/26 20:04:53 UTC

Regarding JMX usage

Hi all,

I want to integrate JMX support in the existing product. What I am lookign
for is, if there is anyway in Tomcat where we can programmatically control
other web applications from one webapp?

I came across a ManagerServlet example that lets you start or stop a web
application from within another web app. I would like to do a similar thing
in my web app. I attempted googling it a lot but no luck. When I tried to
use the same source code as ManagerServlet in my web app just to test, it
didn't work. Initially there were some linkage issues and when I put the jar
files from sever\lib and server\webapp\manager\web-inf\lib, the linkage
problems disappeared but it started telling me that the requested resource
is not available.

Any pointers would be helpful.

I am using Tomcat 5.5.17 version right now.

Thanks,
Shimol.