Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> on 2005/11/27 21:36:46 UTC

dev-tested platforms

I'd like to resuscitate the idea that we publish the list/matrix of
developer-tested platform combinations for each release ( container,
jdbc driver, db server, jdk version, os version ).

Not trying to discourage exploration, but  I think users should know if
they are pioneering uncharted waters or on relatively safe ground when
installing on a particular platform combination.

Any reservations on me adding a wiki page for 2.0 on this topic?  I
envision a table with a row for each platform component and a column for
each tested configuration,with a bottom row specifying the developers
who "vouch" for that combination.

I thought there was some objection the last time I proposed this, but I
can no longer remember the reasoning, and I'm even more convinced now
that this is worthwhile.

--a.

Re: dev-tested platforms

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 11/27/05, Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> wrote:
> OK folks.  I've put an initial page out there at
>
> http://www.rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Platforms_2.x
>
> I have no sentiments about the wording, organization, or presentation.
> So edit with abandon.  I have started a matrix there with two entries
> for the platform combinations that I myself use.

Added mine. A third entry sideways was already getting painful, so I
just dropped to having a new table below. Again, edit with abandon :)

Hen

Re: dev-tested platforms

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.

Re: dev-tested platforms

Posted by Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>.

Re: dev-tested platforms

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.

Re: dev-tested platforms

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good - I'm willing to vouch for the platforms and combinations
that I've tested Roller on.

Matt