Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com> on 2003/01/19 19:29:22 UTC

[VOTE (RESTATED FOR CLARITY]: Release Nightly Build as RC1

Everyone getting tired of this yet? :-)

Ok, at the request of those who want to know what they're voting on,
here's the vote restated.  I think there's general consensus that the
patches since 1.1b3 are important enough to use a nightly build instead
of the beta directly.

Question 1:

+1 means you want to take the latest nightly build for RC1.

+0 Who cares

-1 You want another beta before RC1

Question 2:

+1 means you want struts-el included in RC1 and the final release.

+0 Who cares

-1 You want struts-el packages seperates with it's own release cycle

My votes:

Q1: +1
Q2: -1

James Turner
Owner & Manager, Black Bear Software, LLC
turner@blackbear.com

Author:
    MySQL & JSP Web Applications:
        Data Driven Programming Using Tomcat and MySQL
    ISBN 0672323095; SAMS, 2002

Co-Author:
    Struts Kick Start
    ISBN 0672324725; SAMS, 2002

Forthcoming:
    Java Server Faces Kick Start
    SAMS, Fall 2003

Re: [VOTE (RESTATED FOR CLARITY]: Release Nightly Build as RC1

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
With respect, James, question 2 and question 1 are complex and can't be
resolved in a single iteration.

If I vote +1 for question 2, my answer to question 1 is null, since I
wouldn't favor any release with the packages combined (have you stopped
beating your keyboard yet?) -:0)

So in response to question 2, I would have to vote

-1 = Anything in contrib should not be bundled with a core release and
must have its own release cycle

and in response to question 1, I would have to vote

NULL = I'm not in favor of any release from any codebase that bundles
code from the contrib folder with code from the shared folder.

And I do care. =:)

Of course, depending on how question 2 is resolved, I might be able to
change my response to question 1.

-T.

James Turner wrote:
> Everyone getting tired of this yet? :-)
>
> Ok, at the request of those who want to know what they're voting on,
> here's the vote restated.  I think there's general consensus that the
> patches since 1.1b3 are important enough to use a nightly build instead
> of the beta directly.
>
> Question 1:
>
> +1 means you want to take the latest nightly build for RC1.
>
> +0 Who cares
>
> -1 You want another beta before RC1
>
> Question 2:
>
> +1 means you want struts-el included in RC1 and the final release.
>
> +0 Who cares
>
> -1 You want struts-el packages seperates with it's own release cycle
>
> My votes:
>
> Q1: +1
> Q2: -1
>
> James Turner
> Owner & Manager, Black Bear Software, LLC
> turner@blackbear.com
>
> Author:
>     MySQL & JSP Web Applications:
>         Data Driven Programming Using Tomcat and MySQL
>     ISBN 0672323095; SAMS, 2002
>
> Co-Author:
>     Struts Kick Start
>     ISBN 0672324725; SAMS, 2002
>
> Forthcoming:
>     Java Server Faces Kick Start
>     SAMS, Fall 2003

Ted Husted,

Re: [VOTE (RESTATED FOR CLARITY]: Release Nightly Build as RC1

Posted by "David M. Karr" <dm...@earthlink.net>.