Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2011/07/23 00:34:02 UTC

ANN: The first 0.90.4 release candidate, 0.90.4RC0, is available for download

The first hbase 0.90.4 release candidate is available for download:

 http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.90.4-candidate-0/

Release notes are available here, [1].  ~sixty issues have been
resolved since 0.90.3

Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.90.4?

Please vote +1/-1 by next Friday, July 29th.

Yours,
The HBasers

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12316406

Re: ANN: The first 0.90.4 release candidate, 0.90.4RC0, is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Eric Charles
<er...@u-mangate.com> wrote:
> There were 2 java processes left-over from a previous timed-out Test.
> I didn't have the reflex to look for open ports.
> Could have been a MiniHBaseCluster also with master and region servers.

Good on you Eric.  Some test must not be cleaning up after itself.  If
a failed build because of TestShell failures, seems like we should
look at previous build to see what failed there and check that it is
cleaning up minihbasecluster after itself.

> Btw, running 'mvn test' on 0.90.4 release candidate gives here 1 failure:
> testWritesWhileGetting(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestHRegion)
>  Time elapsed: 0.19 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<\x00\x00\x00<> but
> was:<\x00\x00\x00:>

I just tried it and it passed for me.  It failed though up on jenkins
on the above test,
https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/HBase/job/hbase-0.90/242/testReport/,
though it just passed.

I think this RC is going down though.  I see in cluster testing that
my fix for HBASE-3872 adds an ugly WARN to the master logs
(HBASE-4129).  We should also get in Andrew's REST fixes.

Good stuff,
St.Ack

Re: ANN: The first 0.90.4 release candidate, 0.90.4RC0, is available for download

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com>.
On 23/07/11 01:04, Stack wrote:
>> >  Shall we investigate why TestShell hung ?
>> >
> It was speculated that this was because a zk was left over from
> previous build (Eric Charles?)

There were 2 java processes left-over from a previous timed-out Test.
I didn't have the reflex to look for open ports.
Could have been a MiniHBaseCluster also with master and region servers.

Btw, running 'mvn test' on 0.90.4 release candidate gives here 1 failure:
testWritesWhileGetting(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestHRegion)
  Time elapsed: 0.19 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<\x00\x00\x00<> but
was:<\x00\x00\x00:>

Thx.
--
Eric Charles
http://about.echarles.net

Re: ANN: The first 0.90.4 release candidate, 0.90.4RC0, is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Our build box is set to use 'ubuntu2'.  IIRC, the wiki for
jenkins/hudson says its a single box but I've learned that the wiki is
stale after my recent interaction with infrastructure around ulimits.
It could be more than one machine.   We just hit a successful build
and its the head of the branch, where I built 0.90.4 from so we're not
too bad off.

St.Ack

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.