Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Brent Atkinson <br...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/07 04:17:07 UTC

Understanding Maven 3 local repository metadata constraints

Greetings archiva-dev,

I am trying to diagnose an issue for Apache Continuum relating to local
repository corruption [CONTINUUM-2426], but I don't know enough about the
Maven local repository format.

I would like to understand what the various artifacts are in the local
repository and what is strictly required for a well-formed repository.
After searching for a bit, I could not find a detailed conceptual
description of the format.

I know that Archiva is more concerned with proxying remote repositories,
but I was wondering if anyone here could help point me in the right
direction. Pointers to source code would be great. A pointer to
documentation would be outstanding.

Thank you, and no worries if it's too much trouble. I thought I would ask
the experts first!

Regards,
Brent Atkinson

Re: Understanding Maven 3 local repository metadata constraints

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi Brent,
The code responsible for the purge is available here:
https://github.com/apache/archiva/tree/master/archiva-modules/archiva-base/archiva-consumers/archiva-core-consumers/src/main/java/org/apache/archiva/consumers/core/repository

HTH
Olivier

--