Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kashif Usmani <us...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/30 01:13:52 UTC

Kafka Latest offsets information

Hello Community,

When I login to my Kafka Manager(version 0.8.2.0), I can see the latest
offset information for each topic and partition. I want to be able to get
latest offsets programmatically. So I followed the example on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Committing+and+fetching+consumer+offsets+in+Kafka
but I do not get anything in response.

Also then I read on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+data+structures+in+Zookeeper
that offset information should be saved in Zookeeper under
/consumers/[groupId]/offsets/[topic]/[partitionId] -> long (offset)

So I checked my Zookeeper (listed in Kafka Manager, under Cluster
Information) and I do not see anything under /consumer (basically an empty
document).

Can someone please help me to find this information? Is there something
wrong with my Kafka configuration that latest offsets are not stored under
/consumer? But then, where is the Kafka Manager getting that information
from? Some other Zookeeper?

Thanks
Kashif