Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by hui li <yo...@apache.org> on 2019/10/30 07:58:37 UTC

[DISCUSS] Some questions about quarterly reports

Hi, all.

Yesterday, I carefully read the quarterly report of other projects.

We have these questions to answer, the questions are as follows:

1.Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating
2.How has the community developed since the last report?
3.How has the project developed since the last report?
4.How would you assess the podling's maturity?
5.Date of last release
6.When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
7.Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?
8.Signed-off-by

But I don't know how to answer question 1. I hope everyone can put forward
their own opinions.

Thanks.

Re: [DISCUSS] Some questions about quarterly reports

Posted by hui li <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi, all.
I have modified the quarterly report according to Ming's suggestion.

1.Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating

- Make an Apache release
- More committers and PPMC members
- Branding issues in the documentation, code, website, etc.

2.How has the community developed since the last report?

- Github stars grew from 800+ to 1201 in October.
- Over 13 company users have announced that he is using APISIX:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-apisix/issues/487
- Our Apache website is constructed.

3.How has the project developed since the last report?

- We have 68 incoming pull request, and 58 of them are merged in October.
- We have 17 committers and 35 contributors contributing to Apache APISIX.
- We are planning to have a 0.9.0 release next month.

4.How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 * Initial setup
 * Working towards first release
 Community building
 Nearing graduation
 Other:

5.Date of last release
None

6.When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
No new committers nor PPMC members have been added.

7.Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?
Mentors are responsive and helpful. Things tend to be on the right way.

8.Signed-off-by

Welcome more suggestions. Thank you.
Hui.

Ming Wen <we...@apache.org> 于2019年10月31日周四 下午4:12写道:

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.

Posted by hui li <yo...@apache.org>.
hi, I have fixed the Question No.2 and No.3 according to your suggestion.

### How has the community developed since the last report?

- Learning the Apache way and its value behind rules, working in Apache way.
- Our Apache website is constructed.
- We have 12 committers and 35 contributors (including 12 committers)
contributing to Apache APISIX.
- Over 13 company users have announced that they are using APISIX and more
than 50% of them also submitted code or fixed the documentation for APISIX
: https://github.com/apache/incubator-apisix/issues/487

### How has the project developed since the last report?

The project has been quite healthy, with ~50 pull requests being merged in
October. These pull requests are authored by a diverse set of
contributors(~30 authors last month).

Some highlights of recent developments:
- APISIX support etcd v3.
- New plugin: data-validator
- Supported cluster limit-req and limit-conn.
- Fixed some bugs.

We are planning to have a 0.9.0 release in November.

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2019年11月1日周五 下午4:43写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by hui li <yo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
Hi, hui,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> But I don't know how to answer question 1. I hope everyone can put forward
> their own opinions.

You just need to list the three most important thing that are currently stopping you from graduating.

For a project starting out they are typically:
- Make a release
- Create an Apache website
- Grow a community (by adding new committers and PPMC members)
- Sort out branding issues

Thanks,
Justin