Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org> on 2003/10/07 10:31:48 UTC

[RT] Using modifiers within Cocoon components

Hi,

how about using modifiers like "private" and "public"
within the sitemap to expose the components for the next coming
blocks. Instead of exposing the components within the block
descriptor.

<map:sitemap>
 <map:components>
  <map:generator name="myGenerator" modifier="public"/>
  <map:generator name="file" modifier="private"/>
[...]

We could use the same syntax for the so called interal pipelines

<map:pipeline modifier="private">
[...]

We could use two different component managers for each sitemap to manage
these components, this should make the lookup easier.

Just a thought, Stephan.

         Stephan Michels               EMail: stephan@apache.org
         ICQ: 115535699                Tel: +49-030-314-21583
----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|----+----|-|

Re: [RT] Using modifiers within Cocoon components

Posted by Michael Hartle <mh...@hartle-klug.com>.
Jeff Ramsdale wrote:

>You might consider naming your attribute "visibility" rather than "modifier"
>for better clarity.

As "public" and "private" denote access modifiers, how about simply
calling the attribute "access" ?

Best regards,

Michael Hartle

RE: [RT] Using modifiers within Cocoon components

Posted by Jeff Ramsdale <je...@earthlink.net>.
You might consider naming your attribute "visibility" rather than "modifier"
for better clarity.

Jeff