Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Olaf Kock <to...@olafkock.de> on 2018/05/29 07:33:03 UTC

Re: How do we prevent directory access in apache

On 29.05.2018 05:07, Jins Raju Abraham wrote:
> How do we prevent a directory access in apache. Tried searching this and there are a lot of suggestion about doing it in the .htaccess file.

"Apache Tomcat" doesn't know about .htaccess files. "Apache httpd" does,
but you won't get an answer related to it on the Tomcat mailing list.

Tomcat doesn't display listings by default - search for "listing" in
conf/web.xml where the default is documented and explicitly configured

Olaf

Re: How do we prevent directory access in apache

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
In httpd.conf, uncomment: Options -Indexes -FollowSymLinks

Cheers Greg