Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pavel Bernshtam <pa...@cadence.com> on 2008/12/21 11:17:13 UTC

Cleaning local repository

For Continuous Integration build I need to build all my projects for
sources, so I need somehow remove all "my" artifacts from the local
repository before the build (but leave there 3rd party artifacts).
Is there any maven plugin or tool for it or I just need to run some
script before the build which will clean the local repository
selectively?

Thank you

------------
Pavel

Re: Cleaning local repository

Posted by javax <ja...@gmail.com>.
Not exactly.
If you are running mvn in OFFLINE MODE while all your artifacts were removed
from the local rep, it is the only (IMHO) way to ensure that you are
checking what is placed in source control.

Am I wrong?

Posted by "julian.slonko" <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

For the sake of real clean build I had also a need to delete my project
branch from a local repository.
I used maven-clean-plugin:

    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
          <inherited>false</inherited>
          <configuration>
            <filesets>
              <fileset>

<directory>${settings.localRepository}/my/project</directory>
                <includes>
                  <include>**/*</include>
                </includes>
                <!--excludes>
                  <exclude>**/important.log</exclude>
                  <exclude>**/another-important.log</exclude>
                </excludes-->
                <followSymlinks>false</followSymlinks>
              </fileset>
            </filesets>
          </configuration>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>

Plugin is configured in the main parent pom and to disable deleting local
repository when child moduls are built <inherited/> must be set to false.

I hope this helps you.
Regards
Julian Slonko

RE: Cleaning local repository

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
I mean snapshots that may have been installed locally on your CI but
never deployed to a repo. Therefore the CI would pass but developers
would not. This can be true of any dependency.

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
This isn't entirely true. You could miss dependencies that weren't
deployed, or if you change your MRM config, you could miss a problem

?

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/purge-local-repo
sitory-mojo.html

> >> --

> > --
> > Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS - http://batmat.net
> > Sauvez un arbre,
> > Mangez un castor !

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: Cleaning local repository

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Well,

2008/12/22 javax <ja...@gmail.com>

> Thank you!
>
> My idea is that CI server should test the sate of sources, so all MY
> artifacts should be build from the ground in order to prevent situation
> when
> remote repository has good version of an artifact, but sources are not
> okay.
>
> BTW - I make a look to
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/purge-local-repository-mojo.html#exclude
> ,
> but I do not see how can I specify WHAT SHOULD BE DELETED, istead of WHAT
> SHOULD BE PRESERVED
>

> Thank you again
>

> Baptiste MATHUS-4 wrote:
> >
> > Reminds me of a recent discussion about googling...
> > Did you have a look at the provided link before asking your question?
> > See
> >
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/purge-local-repository-mojo.html#exclude
> >
> > Btw, I don't really understand why your CI server should delete all those
> > artifacts before building. I have also setup a CI system and don't see
> why
> > it could be useful. In fact, as all the artifacts are downloaded from the
> > corporate maven repository manager, purging everything locally is just
> > likely going to be a local-bandwidth-waste.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > 2008/12/21 javax <ja...@gmail.com>
> >

> >> Thank you!
> >> As far as I see it intended to remove all EXCEPT some artifactes, is
> >> there
> >> way to configure it in an opposite way (remove only specific group) ?

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/purge-local-repository-mojo.html

> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS - http://batmat.net
> > Sauvez un arbre,
> > Mangez un castor !

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: Cleaning local repository

Posted by javax <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thank you!

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
I put all the repos in a single subfolder and just use a script to wipe
it. Actually for the grid we created a project using ant iirc so it
would work on windows.

Posted by Todd Thiessen <th...@nortel.com>.

---
Todd Thiessen

RE: Cleaning local repository

2008/12/21 javax <ja...@gmail.com>

> Thank you!
> As far as I see it intended to remove all EXCEPT some artifactes, is
there
> way to configure it in an opposite way (remove only specific group) ?
>

> Jaikiran wrote:
> >
> > Maybe this might help

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/purge-local-repo
sitory-mojo.html
> > It has a excludes attribute where you can pass the 3rd party
> > groupId:artifactId
> >

> > Pavel Bernshtam wrote:
> >>
> >> For Continuous Integration build I need to build all my projects
for
> >> sources, so I need somehow remove all "my" artifacts from the local
> >> repository before the build (but leave there 3rd party artifacts).
> >> Is there any maven plugin or tool for it or I just need to run some
> >> script before the build which will clean the local repository
> >> selectively?
> >>
> >> Thank you
> >>

> >> ------------
> >> Pavel

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: Cleaning local repository

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.

2008/12/21 javax <ja...@gmail.com>

> Thank you!
> As far as I see it intended to remove all EXCEPT some artifactes, is there
> way to configure it in an opposite way (remove only specific group) ?
>

> Jaikiran wrote:
> >
> > Maybe this might help
> >
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/purge-local-repository-mojo.html
> > It has a excludes attribute where you can pass the 3rd party
> > groupId:artifactId
> >

> > Pavel Bernshtam wrote:
> >>
> >> For Continuous Integration build I need to build all my projects for
> >> sources, so I need somehow remove all "my" artifacts from the local
> >> repository before the build (but leave there 3rd party artifacts).
> >> Is there any maven plugin or tool for it or I just need to run some
> >> script before the build which will clean the local repository
> >> selectively?
> >>
> >> Thank you

> >> Pavel

Sauvez un arbre,