Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/05 19:38:07 UTC

Java SDK 1.5 Support

We are having some issues with the recent contributed providers in JDK
1.5 build, and I was wondering if there are any requirements to keep
support for JDK 1.5 in Wink ?

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Java SDK 1.5 Support

Posted by Bryant Luk <br...@gmail.com>.
Can we just change the Thrift provider code to support 1.6 via a maven
pom.xml change?

--

http://www.twitter.com/bluk

Re: Java SDK 1.5 Support

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
I don't care about JDK 1.5 :-). Also want to point out that the Thrift provider doesn't have requirement on JDK 6. It's the thrift JAR from hadoop (Thrift project doesn't have the official jar in maven repo yet) was compiled using JDK 6.

Thanks,
Raymond
Raymond Feng
rfeng@apache.org
Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com

Re: Java SDK 1.5 Support

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Unless there is a significant technical challenge, required java6-only api or something along those lines, I don't see why you would want drop support for Java5.

--jason

Re: Java SDK 1.5 Support

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.