Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Steve Mactaggart <sm...@1300ttimes.com> on 2003/07/01 06:47:48 UTC

Chainsaw Target in latest Build File

Guys,

Have been watching the current discussions in relation to 1.3 and the move to chainsaw2.

Have seen the screen shots for chainsaw2 and wanted to run it for myself.

I have got the latest from cvs and it compiles fine, but when running I get the following error.

     [java] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/InputSource
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120)
     [java]     at org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.FileLoadAction.<init>(Unknown Source)

I thought that I'd let you guys know of this issue.
It seems to not include the XML jars needed to launch the app.

Keep up the good work

--------------------------------
Steve Mactaggart
Systems Architect

1300Ttimes
BH    +61 (03) 9222 3310
FAX   +61 (03) 9620 7377
EMAIL smactaggart@1300Ttimes.com
WEB   www.1300Ttimes.com

RE: Chainsaw Target in latest Build File

Posted by Steve Mactaggart <sm...@1300ttimes.com>.
Jake,

Using JDK 1.3.1 and my Classpath is empty.
I'm using the classpath built from chainsaw.

I was wondering if it built but didn't run.
I was running it from within the ant task, which is the same call that compiled it.

Steve

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.