Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ben Wylie <sa...@benwylie.co.uk> on 2006/07/31 18:04:11 UTC

Subject header not detected after folded header

Am running SpamAssassin 3.1.2 on Windows 2003 server.

This is an extract from the headers of an incoming email.
This triggered the "MISSING_SUBJECT Missing Subject: header" rule.
Why did this not detect the subject header?

Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:26:05 +0100

Thanks
Ben

Re: Subject header not detected after folded header

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.
On Monday 31 July 2006 18:04, Ben Wylie took the opportunity to say:
> Am running SpamAssassin 3.1.2 on Windows 2003 server.
>
> This is an extract from the headers of an incoming email.
> This triggered the "MISSING_SUBJECT Missing Subject: header" rule.
> Why did this not detect the subject header?

> Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:26:05 +0100

exists:Header is equivalent to Header =~ /./, i.e. the header contains at
least one character. Here is the code from Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf:

      elsif ($value =~ /^(\S+)\s+exists:(.*)$/) {
        $self->{parser}->add_test ($1, "$2 =~ /./", $TYPE_HEAD_TESTS);
        $self->{descriptions}->{$1} = "Found a $2 header";
      }

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)

Re: Subject header not detected after folded header

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.
Ben Wylie wrote:
> Jim Maul wrote:
>> Ben Wylie wrote:
>>
>>> Am running SpamAssassin 3.1.2 on Windows 2003 server.
>>>
>>> This is an extract from the headers of an incoming email.
>>> This triggered the "MISSING_SUBJECT Missing Subject: header" rule.
>>> Why did this not detect the subject header?
>>>
>> Because its blank?
>
> my understanding was that it only hit of the subject header was not
> present at all rather than it being blank.
>
> Am i wrong?

Could be, or I could be the incorrect one here.  Being that the rule hit
and the subject header was there but blank, i'd guess that the rule hits
even when the header is there and blank.  Whether this was the intended
outcome I do not know..

-Jim

Re: Subject header not detected after folded header

Posted by Ben Wylie <sa...@benwylie.co.uk>.

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.