Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/02 16:53:06 UTC

Re: Some possible education assistance with maintenance tasks

Hello Michael,

thank you for your interest in JSPWiki :-) Some tasks that come quick to
mind:
- the haddock template is not 100% complete yet
- new skins for default template
- new page providers (f.ex. subversion-based page provider, obfuscated page
provider), plugins (display math equations, f.ex) or filters
- export pages to pdfs
- given a "root" page, the ability to build either a pdf book or an epub one
- increasing our unit test suite, migrate it to JUnit 4, use mocks to
reduce build time instead of build TestWikiEngines
- complete the integration test suite (or rewrite using another tool)
- some translations are missing resources
- oauth login
- serialize workflows
- tools to import pages from other wikis

probably not fitting on a two weeks span, but worth looking at:
- refactor the code to reduce the package cycles
- introduce a dependency injection container
- make the markup parser pluggable (so jspwiki could be able to understand
other wiki syntaxes, like, f.ex. markdown)

I'm also cc'ing our dev list so anyone with features in mind can provide
more ideas.

In any case, whatever your students end up with, I'd encourage them to
subscribe to the dev list, ask there whatever they need, and of course
attach patches of their work so it can be reviewed/incorporated on current
trunk. Also, if they could document their work at jspwiki-wiki.apache.org
that be wonderful too.

HTH,
juan pablo

Posted by "Sale, Michael" <ms...@stonehill.edu>.
Thank you for the super quick reply Juan Pablo.  Thank you for posing my request to the dev group too – folks, I could use some insight.  Greatly appreciated.

Mike

[...]

In any case, whatever your students end up with, I'd encourage them to subscribe to the dev list, ask there whatever they need, and of course attach patches of their work so it can be reviewed/incorporated on current trunk. Also, if they could document their work at jspwiki-wiki.apache.org<http://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org> that be wonderful too.

[...]

Email: msale@stonehill.edu<ma...@stonehill.edu>
Phone: 508.565.5629<tel:508.565.5629>

Posted by "Sale, Michael" <ms...@stonehill.edu>.
These are just great!  Keep em coming friends.  Any bugs?

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Weber <ju...@jwi.de>.