Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Raj M <mo...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/02 02:08:58 UTC

Maven2-Jetspeed2 deploy as ROOT context

Greetings,
I am trying to build the Jetspeed2 from the svn repository using maven2.
I actually was able to build everything for Tomcat and deploy and it
appears to work ok. That was the first step, and it worked without a hassle :)
My questions are:
 - I would like to stick with maven2, if possible. Is there anything
missing from the
   maven2 build as opposed to maven 1?
 - I would like to deploy the portal as ROOT context in Tomcat, is
that possible? I tried
   changing the ContextPath in "jetspeed.xml" file from
Conf/Catalina/localhost, but did
   not have much success. I guess I would need to do more?
     - My next attempt was to build a custom portal, so I added the
following properties
      to the settings.xml, thinking it might build /portal context
path. But no go, it built
     the portal as before (i.e. jetspeed.war ...)

                <!-- Customized portal -->
                <org.apache.jetspeed.portal.home>/home/share/webdev/portals/jets
peed2/myportal-1.0</org.apache.jetspeed.portal.home>

<org.apache.jetspeed.portal.groupId>my.own.portal</org.apache.jetspeed.
portal.groupId>
                <org.apache.jetspeed.portal.artifactId>portal</org.apache.jetspe
ed.portal.artifactId>
                <org.apache.jetspeed.portal.name>My Home Portal</org.apache.jets
peed.portal.name>
                <org.apache.jetspeed.portal.currentVersion>1.0</org.apache.jetsp
eed.portal.currentVersion>

   Are the above properties supported for maven2 build?

  Thanks
  Cheers
  MR