Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Marijan (Mario) Madunic" <ha...@imag.net> on 2008/09/30 16:46:30 UTC

Ant 1.7 - XSLT task and Xalan and Saxon9 issue

I'm trying to run various XSLT tasks that either rely on Xalan or Saxon
and am having a hard time with ANT recognizing Xalan when Saxon is in
the Ant/lib. The reason I am running both is that Xalan has a better
extension for SQL than Saxon does and my other XSLT tasks all run with
XSLT 2.0.

Here is a copy of how I've written the task using Xalan. Once I remove
saxon9.jar for the lib it runs perfectly but not while it is in the lib.

<xslt in="${l_Drive}XML\cdCollection\doNotDelete\keep.xml"
out="${l_Drive}cdCollection\temp\artists.xml"
style="${l_Drive}XML\cdCollection\xslChunks\getArtistsXalan.xsl">
<classpath location="H:\ANT\lib\xalan.jar"/>
</xslt>

Any insight would be appreciated.

Marijan (Mario) Madunic

Re: Ant 1.7 - XSLT task and Xalan and Saxon9 issue

Posted by James Abley <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/9/30 Marijan (Mario) Madunic <ha...@imag.net>:
> I'm trying to run various XSLT tasks that either rely on Xalan or Saxon and
> am having a hard time with ANT recognizing Xalan when Saxon is in the
> Ant/lib. The reason I am running both is that Xalan has a better extension
> for SQL than Saxon does and my other XSLT tasks all run with XSLT 2.0.
>
> Here is a copy of how I've written the task using Xalan. Once I remove
> saxon9.jar for the lib it runs perfectly but not while it is in the lib.
>
> <xslt in="${l_Drive}XML\cdCollection\doNotDelete\keep.xml"
> out="${l_Drive}cdCollection\temp\artists.xml"
> style="${l_Drive}XML\cdCollection\xslChunks\getArtistsXalan.xsl">
> <classpath location="H:\ANT\lib\xalan.jar"/>
> </xslt>
>
> Any insight would be appreciated.
>
> Marijan (Mario) Madunic

Have you tried using the processor attribute?

Cheers,

James