Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/04/23 19:34:38 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.0.1 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.0.1 Released

The Apache Flex community is pleased to announce the initial (alpha)
release of Apache FlexJS SDK 0.0.1 and Apache Flex FalconJX Compiler 0.0.1.

Apache Flex is a highly productive, open source application framework for
building and maintaining expressive applications that deploy consistently
on all major browsers, desktops and devices (including smartphones,
tablets and tv).

Apache FlexJS is a next-generation Flex SDK that enables developers to use
MXML and ActionScript to not only create SWFs but also cross-compile the
same MXML and ActionScript to HTML/JS/CSS so applications can run natively
in browsers.  The cross-compiled code can also be used in Apache Cordova
(Adobe PhoneGap) mobile applications.

Apache Flex FalconJX is a next-generation MXML and ActionScript
cross-compiler.  It extends the next-generation SWF compiler known as
Falcon.  Both are contained in the release package and are used by the
FlexJS package to compile SWFs or cross-compile to HTML/JS/CSS.

This is the initial release of FlexJS and FalconJX.  It is 'alpha'
quality.  The purpose of this release is to gather feedback about the
features and implementation strategies, and recruit new contributors as we
grow these code bases into an SDK and tool chain that delivers the highest
productivity developing applications that can run in the most places.
These releases may not handle production needs.  Expect lots of bugs and
missing features.  Please file bugs at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX/

For questions about how to use FlexJS and FalconJX, send email to
users@flex.apache.org.  Please try to prefix the subject with [FlexJS] or
[FalconJX] so it is clear the questions refer to this release and not the
Flex SDK and MXMLC compiler.

For questions and feedback on the development of the source code in these
release, send email to dev@flex.apache.org.  Again, please prefix the
subject with [FlexJS] or [FalconJX].

Apache FlexJS and Apache Flex FalconJX are available in source and binary
form from the following download page:
http://flex.apache.org/download-flexjs.html

When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the
downloads using signatures or MD5 hashes.

A simple way to try these releases is to use a pre-release of the
InstallApacheFlex 3.0 application which is available at the following url:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/installer/3.0/rc7/binaries/

Choose Apache FlexJS 0.0.1 and it will create an Adobe Flash
Builder-compatible SDK that uses the Falcon and FalconJX compilers to
generate SWFs and HTML/JS/CSS output.  See the README or the FlexJS wiki
for more information.  The FlexJS section of the wiki is at the following
url:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/FlexJS

For more information on Apache Flex, visit the project home page:
http://flex.apache.org

Please try FlexJS and become involved in shaping the future of Flex.

The Apache Flex Community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.0.1 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.0.1 Released

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Yup.  Looks like Apache's entire blog system is down -- again.

<sigh />

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 4/25/2014 12:15 AM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski wrote:
> Blog Entry is posted :
> https://blogs.apache.org/flex/entry/apache_flexjs_0_0_1

just in case you guys haven't noticed....

in FF that url is throwing:

Sorry! We couldn''t find your document
Status Code 	404
Message 	/flex/entry/apache_flexjs_0_0_1
Type
Exception 	The file that you requested could not be found on this server.
==============

and chrome is another story altogether (though same error?):

Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /flex/entry/apache_flexjs_0_0_1.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
I will take care is twitter and linkedin.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Blog Entry is posted :

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.0.1 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.0.1 Released

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.0.1 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.0.1 Released

Posted by Igor Costa <ig...@gmail.com>.
Spreading the word to Brazil and South America.

----------------------------
Igor Costa
www.igorcosta.com
www.igorcosta.org

Posted by Alain Ekambi <ja...@gmail.com>.
Cant see it on twitter now.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Here too! Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and so on!

We must make all possible noise out there!

Share and reshare to let people know!!

:)

> Excellent! Thanks!
>
> On 4/23/14 5:47 PM, "DarkStone" <da...@163.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi Alex,
> >
> >I've spread the word to my social network in China, any web traffics to
> >http://flex.apache.org/download-flexjs.html that comes from China, should
> >prove how many Chinese developers are interested.
> >
> >Also hoping the Flex SDK Installer 3.0 would release soon.
> >

> >DarkStone
> >214-04-24
> >

> >--

Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología
M: +34 607 22 60 05
F:  +34 912 94 80 80
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.directwriter.es
http://www.avant2.es

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache FlexJS 0.0.1 and Apache Flex FalconJX 0.0.1 Released

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Excellent! Thanks!

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
OK, we'll explore that in the other thread you started.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by "Patil, Virat" <vi...@capgemini.com>.
Thanks for the reply

I did that. Now I made some changes in project and I am trying to create  FalconJX(Debug and Release build)

Getting following error:

using FlashBuilder Project Files
FlashBuilder settings:
    -locale
    en_US
    -source-path+=D:\Users\virpatil\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\DataBindingTest/src
    -compiler.accessible=true
    -output=D:\Users\virpatil\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\DataBindingTest/bin-release/DataBindingTest.swf
    -library-path+=D:\Users\virpatil\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\DataBindingTest/libs
    -js-output-type=FLEXJS
    -sdk-js-lib=D:\workspace\FlexJS\js\bin\..\..\frameworks\js\FlexJS\src
    -fb
    D:\Users\virpatil\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\DataBindingTest/src/DataBindingTest.mxml

command line

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Using+FlexJS+with+Adobe+Fl

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.