Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dabboo <ag...@sapient.com> on 2009/03/02 05:21:43 UTC

Re: Search schema using q Query

Hi Hoss,

Thanks a lot for the information. Here is what I am trying to achieve.

1. I am trying to customize the search with q query parameter, so that it
can support wildcard and field boosting. I customize QueryParser and created
the wildcard query in the same way as it does for non wildcard. But even
with this changed query, the results are not showing up.

I figured out as how it is doing the field boosting with the scores. But
what I want to know is how it is fetching the records from the indexes based
on the query.

Please suggest how I should go forward.

Thanks,
Amit Garg

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:
: I figured out as how it is doing the field boosting with the scores. But
: what I want to know is how it is fetching the records from the indexes based
: on the query.
:
: Please suggest how I should go forward.

I don't see how anyone could possibly make any suggestions about
where you should go from here, since you haven't provided any detials
about what it is you've done --- you said you've customized the
QueryParser, but without giving us any idea of *how* you've customized the
query parser, no one on this list is in any sort of position to guess what
your problem might be.

there are people on this list who clearly want to help you, but you have
to help them by giving them *all* of the information relevant to your
problem.

What *exactly* did you change?  what does your code look like?  what do
you configs look like? what data have you indexed? what do your query URLs
look like? what results do you get? what results do you expect to get?

-Hoss