Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Selina Tech <sw...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/01 02:08:36 UTC

How to store java objects to Parquet format file

Hi, All:

     I just start to study Parquet format. I need to store my java object
to Parquet format file at AWS S3. I know I could store the java objects to
a CSV format and then convert it to a CSV file to Parquet file. Can any API
help to store the java objects directly to Parquet file. Or is there any
better way?

Sincerely,
Selina

Re: How to store java objects to Parquet format file

Posted by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you would do that through Avro:
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2014/05/how-to-convert-existing-data-into-parquet/

http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.7.7/gettingstartedjava.html

https://github.com/Parquet/parquet-mr/wiki/Parquet-MR

This is a better question to ask on a user list where there are more people
involved with using the Parquet than developing it.

Thank you,
Edmon Begoli, PhD
Chief Data Officer, Research Scientist
Joint Institute for Computational Sciences (JICS)
ebegoli@tennessee.edu
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ebegoli