Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chi Nguyen <Ch...@sas.com> on 2006/02/13 19:31:02 UTC

Weird Axis performance issue

I have a simple Axis (1.2.1) web service that I am running on a Weblogic (8.1) application server.  I conducted some simple timings where I repeatedly invoke my web service with the Axis client both locally and remotely from a different host.  The local timings are excellent.  When I call the web service remotely however it is taking 10x longer...  To try and figure out what was happening I enabled debug trace on the axis server and the amazing thing was that this ran 2x faster than with debugging off.  Has anyone seen this, or is this expected behavior?