Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/20 01:02:50 UTC

git status update

Hi,

I have just made the first successful clones like these:

    git clone git://git.zones.apache.org/tika.git
    git clone http://git.zones.apache.org/tika.git

All the mirrors from jukka.zitting.name are now also available at
git.zones.apache.org, though at the moment I haven't yet configured
the auto-updates.

Also, I'd like to run all the mirrors through the conversion process
that Grzegorz was looking at before inviting wider use of
git.zones.apache.org.

For details on how I'm setting things up, see projects/git under
asf/infrastructure/trunk in the svn. Also, please use the
infrastructure@ mailing list for any questions and comments about
specific configuration details to avoid accidentally exposing
sensitive information.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: git status update

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 1:08 AM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
>>> i would suggest we avoid publishing the git.zones.apache.org DNS name
>>> -- perhaps we should add an alias to git.apache.org (?)
>>
>> Yes, that would be nice.
>
> just checked, git.apache.org is already setup :)

Oh, that must be thanks to Norman!

I mentioned the alias on INFRA-1914, but didn't think it had already
been created. Nice.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: git status update

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.

Re: git status update

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: git status update

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.

Re: git status update

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
<gk...@apache.org> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting pisze:
>> Also, I'd like to run all the mirrors through the conversion process
>> that Grzegorz was looking at before inviting wider use of
>> git.zones.apache.org.
>
> I'll have a look into this today so you can expect these scripts tomorrow
> ready to be executed I guess.

Good, we can then do any remaining tweaking during the Hackathon (on
Tuesday, as I'm arriving on Monday evening).

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: git status update

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Jukka Zitting pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I have just made the first successful clones like these:
>
>     git clone git://git.zones.apache.org/tika.git
>     git clone http://git.zones.apache.org/tika.git
>
> All the mirrors from jukka.zitting.name are now also available at
> git.zones.apache.org, though at the moment I haven't yet configured
> the auto-updates.

Great, thanks!

> Also, I'd like to run all the mirrors through the conversion process
> that Grzegorz was looking at before inviting wider use of
> git.zones.apache.org.

I'll have a look into this today so you can expect these scripts tomorrow ready to be executed I guess.

> For details on how I'm setting things up, see projects/git under
> asf/infrastructure/trunk in the svn. Also, please use the
> infrastructure@ mailing list for any questions and comments about
> specific configuration details to avoid accidentally exposing
> sensitive information.

Ok. If I'll have any concerns I'll express them at infrastructure@.

Thanks again.

--