Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by afters <af...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/09 13:08:46 UTC

a non-responsive couch

Hello everyone,

I've successfully installed couch on a very minimal ubuntu vm. When I run
it, though, I don't get the usual 'time to relax', the log-file is not
created, and I cannot establish a connection to couch.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Some more info:
- I run couch from couchdb's home dir via the installed 'bin/couchdb' script
(works great on my ubuntu desktop)
- var/{lib,log,run}/couchdb have proper permissions
- the installation process is about the same as on my ubuntu desktop
(prefix=/usr/local) except that on the minimal machine I installed
spidermonkey from source

thanks,
 a.

Re: a non-responsive couch

Posted by afters <af...@gmail.com>.
Apparently, some dependencies were missing.

I've tried to install the minimal number of packages needed to satisfy
couchdb - and I seem to have missed some erlang libraries.

I don't know exactly which libraries are needed, but installing the 'erlang'
package in ubuntu (as opposed to just 'erlang-dev' and 'erlang-base') solved
this issue.

 a.

Re: a non-responsive couch

Posted by afters <af...@gmail.com>.