Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by floor <fl...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/14 19:34:24 UTC

Checkout project over https

I installed Subversion on my SuSE 10.0 along with
Apache 2.0.54.  I want to be able to check out my
repository only over https, not http, so I put the
appropriate subversion authentication information in
my ssl enabled virtual host's configuration file.  Now
I can browse the repository fine in a browser, but
when I try to check the repository out, I get the
following error:

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/test'
svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/test': Server certificate was
missing commonName attribute in subject name
(https://myServer)

I am using a self signed certificate and I'm sure I
entered a common name while generating the cert.

Does anyone have have any ideas as to what might be
going on?

Thanks,

floor

Re: Checkout project over https

Posted by Jeb <je...@penske.com>.
GET is one of the Standard verbs under stood by http (and Apache)
PROPFIND is part of the WEBDAV extensions.

Usually you get a Method Not allowed if there is an issue with the HTTP
verbs and an Apache configuration. I'd look into regenerating the cert
with the missing attribute or checking the https configuration sections
of Apache.

Posted by Konrad Rosenbaum <ko...@silmor.de>.

Posted by floor <fl...@yahoo.com>.
Konrad,

  Yes, I can view https://myServer/ in a browser.  I don't have any html in the root folder for this virtual host, and I don't have directory listing enabled, but I do get the Directory Listing unavailable page...  I can't administer the server from a remote location or I would test that as well right now.  I will do this later, but I'm sure it works.

Konrad Rosenbaum <ko...@silmor.de> wrote:
  On Sunday 14 May 2006 21:34, floor wrote:
> (https://myServer)
>
> I am using a self signed certificate and I'm sure I
> entered a common name while generating the cert.
>
> Does anyone have have any ideas as to what might be
> going on?

No, but to narrow it down: can you view this URL in a browser?

Konrad

Re: Checkout project over https

Posted by Konrad Rosenbaum <ko...@silmor.de>.