Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu> on 2007/03/17 06:11:09 UTC

Mojo to test for MNG-1577 was [vote] MNG-1577 as the default behavior

I whipped up a mojo to test a build for cases where the resolved
dependency is different than what is set in the dependencyManagement
section. Use maven-dependency-plugin 2.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT (deployed to
snapshot repo) run as "mvn dependency:analyze" and it will display
mismatches. It currently skips snapshots but any released artifacts that
don't match will cause a problem.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Going through my builds, I'm finding a surprising number of mismatches.
Looks like I've got some significant cleanup to do. Here's some sample
output:
[INFO] [dependency:analyze]
[INFO] Found Resolved Dependency / DependencyManagement mismatches:
[INFO]  Dependency: oracle:adf-faces-api:jar
[INFO]          DepMgt  : 20.5-STCEA
[INFO]          Resolved: 10.1.3.0.4
[INFO]  Dependency: javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar
[INFO]          DepMgt  : 2.3
[INFO]          Resolved: 2.4
[INFO]  Dependency: junit:junit:jar
[INFO]          DepMgt  : 3.7
[INFO]          Resolved: 3.8.1
[INFO]  Dependency: oracle:adf-faces-impl:jar
[INFO]          DepMgt  : 20.5-STCEA
[INFO]          Resolved: 10.1.3.0.4
[INFO]  Dependency: commons-lang:commons-lang:jar
[INFO]          DepMgt  : 1.0
[INFO]          Resolved: 2.3
[INFO]  Dependency: commons-digester:commons-digester:jar
[INFO]          DepMgt  : 1.5
[INFO]          Resolved: 1.7

It currently skips snapshots but any released artifacts that
don't match will potentially cause a problem with a build with MNG-1577
applied.

I'm hoping that we can get this fixed up, release the analyze test and
make MNG-1577 the default behavior. We can not only describe it clearly
in the release notes, but now we'll have a tool to have people run in
2.0.5 to identify issues BEFORE they upgrade.