Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/23 19:46:49 UTC

First release candidate for Chukwa-0.4

Hi all.

I uploaded a release candidate for Chukwa 0.4. It's basically the same
as trunk.  Let's start kicking the tires and see how it goes.
Posted to http://people.apache.org/~asrabkin/chukwa-0.4.0-candidate-1

- Do unit tests pass on your box?
- Does the documentation look reasonable?
- Can you follow the documentation and get a working setup?

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department

Re: First release candidate for Chukwa-0.4

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Ari,

Thanks for taking the initiative for release candidate.  I found the
following minor error in the release tarball.

1. Release number in the documentation should be updated to 0.4.0.
2. The release note is not up to date.
3. The Changelog html version needs to be regenerated with
$CHUKWA_HOME/src/docs/changes/changes2html.pl.
4. The admin guide didn't include the latest docs patch.

Overall, I think it's fairly close to the final product.  :)

Regards,
Eric