Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Daniel Schmidt-Oehm <ds...@web.de> on 2003/08/11 13:13:52 UTC

how to change character encoding?

Hi,

in my request to the SOAP server the first line of the SOAP message (after the HTTP header) says:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
How can I change the character encoding to e.g. "ISO-8859-1"? Nothing found in the SOAP-API.

Bye, Daniel.
--
Don Vito
email: dso72@web.de

Re: Simple SOAP Mistake

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Tomcat cannot load your class.  Usually, your service classes should be in
the same webapp as Apache SOAP.  This is the simple and reliable
configuration.  Your service classes *cannot* be in a different webapp, as
the Apache SOAP webapp cannot load classes from another webapp.

Scott Nichol

Posted by Don Vito <ds...@web.de>.
Hi Mark,

this a common error message. Check out the FAQ at http://ws.apache.org/soap/faq
(it says that the server can't find the service class file due to an incorrect
classpath). There are several other posts on this topic in this mailing list.

Daniel.

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Mark wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am a starter in SOAP. Trying to do a simple helloworld app with java in tomcat 4. Both the service and the client are in webapps-examples- web-inf - classes firectory. When i run the client it gives me the following error:
>
> Fault Code:  SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI
> Fault String:  Unable to resolve target object: HelloService
>
> I delpoyed the service using the admin web tool.
>
> TIA
>
> Mark

Don Vito a.k.a Daniel Schmidt-Oehm
mailto: vito@fubag-konsortium.de