Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/05/16 10:38:16 UTC

PoweredBy reverted to revision 284 on Hadoop Wiki

Dear wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The page PoweredBy has been reverted to revision 284 by DougCutting.
The comment on this change is: spam.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy?action=diff&rev1=285&rev2=286

   * [[http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~jimmylin/cloud-computing/index.html|University of Maryland]]
    . We are one of six universities participating in IBM/Google's academic cloud computing initiative. Ongoing research and teaching efforts include projects in machine translation, language modeling, bioinformatics, email analysis, and image processing.

-  * [[http://dentaldentistsolutions.blogspot.com/2009/10/process-and-pictures-dental-implants.html|University of Nebraska Lincoln, Holland Computing Center]]
+  * [[http://hcc.unl.edu|University of Nebraska Lincoln, Holland Computing Center]]
    . We currently run one medium-sized Hadoop cluster (1.6PB) to store and serve up physics data for the computing portion of the Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS) experiment. This requires a filesystem which can download data at multiple Gbps and process data at an even higher rate locally. Additionally, several of our students are involved in research projects on Hadoop.

   * [[http://dbis.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/index.php?project=DiPoS|University of Freiburg - Databases and Information Systems]]
@@ -540, +540 @@

   * [[http://www.visiblemeasures.com|Visible Measures Corporation]] uses Hadoop as a component in our Scalable Data Pipeline, which ultimately powers !VisibleSuite and other products. We use Hadoop to aggregate, store, and analyze data related to in-stream viewing behavior of Internet video audiences. Our current grid contains more than 128 CPU cores and in excess of 100 terabytes of storage, and we plan to grow that substantially during 2008.

-  * [[http://itshumour.blogspot.com/2010/06/twenty-hilarious-funny-quotes.html|VK Solutions]]
+  * [[http://www.vksolutions.com/|VK Solutions]]
    * We use a small Hadoop cluster in the scope of our general research activities at [[http://www.vklabs.com|VK Labs]] to get a faster data access from web applications.
    * We also use Hadoop for filtering and indexing listing, processing log analysis, and for recommendation data.