Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by servicemix-user <mo...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/11 10:32:20 UTC

Remote access failed. - javax.jms.JMSException: edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

hi
i have tested the sample loan-broker example in servicemix3.3. the client
code is successfully running in local machine where as in other machine i
cant access the code.
im getting the following error.
Connecting to JMS server.
Sending request.
   Evicting inactive request for correlationID: Entry for key: 1
  Error--->javax.jms.JMSException:
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
Closing.

i modified the following file such as
servicemix.xml     --->   <property name="brokerURL"
value="tcp://10.100.2.164:61616" />
/conf/jndi.xml:      ---->   serverUrl="vm://10.100.2.164"/>
./conf/servicemix.properties:rmi.host             ------>                =
10.100.2.164
./conf/servicemix.properties:activemq.host    -------->              =
10.100.2.164
./conf/activemq.xml:    ------->   <amq:transportConnector
uri="tcp://10.100.2.164:61616" discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>

stil i cant access from some other machine.

how to solve this issue. kindly give an idea over this.

thanks in advance.

Re: Remote access failed. - javax.jms.JMSException: edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Ensure you already use ant clean setup after modifying that file, to
pick up your changes.
Also, could you just use the client we shipped with this example to
test the connection, I know your client is based on the example client
and almost same, just in case we may omit something.
Btw, could you also check if there's any exception in the servicemix
instance log?

Freeman
On 2010-11-12, at 下午5:51, servicemix-user wrote:

> thanks for your immediate response.
>
> i already modified the file like this. <property name="brokerURL"
> value="tcp://10.100.2.164:61616" />
>
> but other machine cant access.

Freeman Fang

------------------------

FuseSource: http://fusesource.com
blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/freemanfang
Apache Cxf: http://cxf.apache.org
Apache Karaf: http://karaf.apache.org
Apache Felix: http://felix.apache.org

Re: Remote access failed. - javax.jms.JMSException: edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

Posted by servicemix-user <mo...@gmail.com>.
hi
im having another doubt.

my client code contains the line

ActiveMQConnectionFactory("tcp://10.100.2.164:61616");

whether tcp://10.163.14.48:61616 statement can connect from other host
except my local machine?
ie this is valid statement or not?

Re: Remote access failed. - javax.jms.JMSException: edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

Posted by servicemix-user <mo...@gmail.com>.
hi
im getting this line

telnet 10.100.2.164 61616
Trying 10.100.2.164 61616 ...
Connected to 10.100.2.164 61616 .
Escape character is '^]'.
ÙActiveMQÇ      CacheSize
                         CacheEnabledSizePrefixDisabled
MaxInactivityDurationInitalDelay'TcpNoDelayEnabledMaxInactivityDurationu0TightEncodingEnabledStackTraceEnabledConnection
closed by foreign host.

so my client is the only problem right?

Re: Remote access failed. - javax.jms.JMSException: edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

Posted by servicemix-user <mo...@gmail.com>.
hi,
kindly send any sample code for client. We could not get any clear idea
related that. Send me any working sample code for accessing the servicemix
from remote host. if you will send the sample code related to loanbroker
example,it will be very helpful to us. Expecting ur sample code with
description.

Re: Remote access failed. - javax.jms.JMSException: edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

Posted by Pavel Tavoda <pa...@gmail.com>.
That's OK this was only for test. You aren't communicating with server
by his protocol (telnet don't understand ActiveMQ). This mean
everything is fine except your client. Try "activemq://...." instead
of "tcp:....".

Pavel

Posted by Pavel Tavoda <pa...@gmail.com>.
OK, your service is definitely listening on this interface. ServiceMix
server part is OK. Try from your machine:
    telnet 10.100.2.164 61616

When you see:

Than you have to check your network and infrastructure (firewall,
routing, IPv6 settings, ...). If you see:
    Connected to XXXXXXX
    Escape character is '^]'.

Than network is fine and you have some problem in your client side code.

Pavel

Posted by Pavel Tavoda <pa...@gmail.com>.
Also check by system tools if something is listening on this port and
interface. On Unix you can use:
netstat -tnl

If you see something is listening on your interface+port, you have
problem somewhere in your network infrastructure or foreign server.

Pavel

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

There is a in examples/loan-broker/src/su/servicemix.xml where specify
<property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
I think you also need revise it accordingly.

Freeeman
On 2010-11-12, at 下午5:05, servicemix-user wrote:

> hi
>
> i think there is no network issue because i can access my
> 10.100.2.164 IP
> from other system through SSH.
> this is my client code. when i access the below code in the same
> system (ie
> servicemix running 10.100.2.164 ) it is working fine. but i cant run
> the
> client code from other machine. In my local machine also i cant put
> localhost  instead 10.100.2.164 to run the client code because i
> modified
> all the configuration files such as servicemix.xml, activemq.xml etc.
> is there any other configuration changes needed in servicemix?
>
> public class Servicemix_client implements Runnable {
>
>   private static ConnectionFactory factory;
>   private static CountDownLatch latch;
>   private static Requestor requestor;
>
>   public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
>       System.out.println("Connecting to JMS server.");
>       ActiveMQConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
> ActiveMQConnectionFactory("tcp:// 10.100.2.164 :61616");
>       Connection connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
>       connection.start();
>       Session session = connection.createSession(false,
> Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
>       Destination inQueue =
> session.createQueue("demo.org.servicemix.source");
>       Destination outQueue = new
> ActiveMQQueue("demo.org.servicemix.output");
>       requestor =
> MultiplexingRequestor.newInstance(connectionFactory, new
> JmsProducerConfig(), inQueue, outQueue);
>       if (args.length == 0) {
>           new Servicemix_client().run();
>       } else {
>           int nb = Integer.parseInt(args[0]);
>           int th = 30;
>           if (args.length > 1) {
>               th = Integer.parseInt(args[1]);
>           }
>           latch = new CountDownLatch(nb);
>           ExecutorService threadPool =
> Executors.newFixedThreadPool(th);
>           for (int i = 0; i < nb; i++) {
>               threadPool.submit(new Servicemix_client());
>           }
>           latch.await();
>       }
>       System.out.println("Closing.");
>       requestor.close();
>       System.exit(0);
>   }
>
>   public void run() {
>       try {
>           System.out.println("Sending request.");
>           Message out = requestor.getSession().createMapMessage();
>           out.setStringProperty("test1", "1");
>           out.setStringProperty("test2", "maruthi");
>           out.setStringProperty("test3", "white");
>           Message in = requestor.request(null, out);
>           if (in == null) {
>               System.out.println("Response timed out.");
>           }
>           else {
>        	    System.out.println(in.getStringProperty("outxml"));
> [...]

Freeman Fang

------------------------

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It's a little bit weird for me, could you please setup other network
service on the machine running servicemix, and try to access it with
ip from another client machine to test network visibility?

Freeman
On 2010-11-12, at 下午3:27, servicemix-user wrote:

> hi
>
> thanks for ur reply. im using ubuntu linux. so there is no firewall
> config.
> issue.
>
> also i modified the IPAddress into 0.0.0.0:61616 in the related files.
> but stil i cant access the client code from other machine.
>
> tel me the correct solution.

Freeman Fang

------------------------

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I assume 10.100.2.164 is the ip for the machine you run servicemix.
Could you check if there's any firewall configuration which block your
request?
Or could you change it to tcp://0.0.0.0:61616 in the related
configuration files, I believe it will bind all your available network
interfaces.

Freeman
On 2010-11-11, at 下午5:32, servicemix-user wrote:

> hi
> i have tested the sample loan-broker example in servicemix3.3. the
> client
> code is successfully running in local machine where as in other
> machine i
> cant access the code.
> im getting the following error.
> Connecting to JMS server.
> Sending request.
>   Evicting inactive request for correlationID: Entry for key: 1
>  Error--->javax.jms.JMSException:
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
> Closing.
>
> i modified the following file such as
> servicemix.xml     --->   <property name="brokerURL"
> value="tcp://10.100.2.164:61616" />
> /conf/jndi.xml:      ---->   serverUrl="vm://10.100.2.164"/>
> ./conf/servicemix.properties:rmi.host             ------
> >                =
> 10.100.2.164
> ./conf/servicemix.properties:activemq.host    -------->              =
> 10.100.2.164
> ./conf/activemq.xml:    ------->   <amq:transportConnector
> uri="tcp://10.100.2.164:61616" discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
>
> stil i cant access from some other machine.
>
> how to solve this issue. kindly give an idea over this.
>

> thanks in advance.

Freeman Fang