Posted to user@struts.apache.org by D Jones <do...@kdsi.net> on 2000/09/21 18:00:36 UTC

Re: 500 Internal Server Error message

Yes.  It has been some time but I believe I ran across this when  there
was a conflict in  locating  my ApplicationResources.properties file.
If you have a customized ApplicationResources.properties file you will
need to use it's path instead of
<param-value>org.apache.struts.action.ApplicationResources</param-value>

i.e.
<param-value>com.your_domain.your_package.ApplicationResources</param-value>

in the web.xml file.
<servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>

    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.struts.action.ApplicationResources</param-value>

    </init-param>

I also had a similar problem when I had multiple web apps with their own
ApplicationResources.properties file.   I have not resolved this yet
except to remove the other web app while I am in development.   Maybe
one of you will know the answer on this one.

Cheers,
Don