Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Sparkes <pe...@didm.co.uk> on 2013/08/02 10:47:48 UTC

PDF in Cocoon 2.1.12 Tomcat

Hi,

I have an 2.1.12 application which produces some PDF pages.

It works well on my windows machine, however, on my debian tomcat server the pdf pages produce the
following error

*type*Exception report

*message*_Servlet execution threw an exception_

*description*_The server encountered an internal error (Servlet execution threw an exception) that
prevented it from fulfilling this request._

*exception*

*root cause*

java.lang.Error: Probable fatal error:No fonts found.
	sun.font.FontManager.getDefaultPhysicalFont(FontManager.java:1087)
	sun.font.FontManager.initialiseDeferredFont(FontManager.java:966)
	sun.font.CompositeFont.doDeferredInitialisation(CompositeFont.java:254)
	sun.font.CompositeFont.getSlotFont(CompositeFont.java:334)
	sun.font.CompositeGlyphMapper.initMapper(CompositeGlyphMapper.java:81)
	sun.font.CompositeGlyphMapper.<init>(CompositeGlyphMapper.java:62)
	sun.font.CompositeFont.getMapper(CompositeFont.java:390)
	sun.font.CompositeFont.canDisplay(CompositeFont.java:416)

Any Ideas Please

Peter

Re: PDF in Cocoon 2.1.12 Tomcat

Posted by Andreas Kuehne <ku...@trustable.de>.
Hi Peter,

I would guess you are using fonts for the PDF that are available on
Windows but not your Linux box, at least not by default.
I remember a discussion on the iText list some month ago about a
platform-neutral approach ... afaik the easy way out is to denote font
families instead of a specific font. Please check the iText list for
details.

Greetings,

Andreas

--
Andreas Kühne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97

Trustable Ltd. Niederlassung Deutschland Ströverstr. 18 - 59427 Unna Amtsgericht Hamm HRB 5868

Directors Andreas Kühne, Heiko Veit

Company UK Company No: 5218868 Registered in England and Wales

Re: PDF in Cocoon 2.1.12 Tomcat

Posted by Cédric Damioli <cd...@apache.org>.
Hi Peter,

Which JRE do you use on your windows box and on your debian box ?
Your problem seems to be related to fonts that are not found by the JRE.
If you use openjdk on debian, you may try oracle jdk.

Regards,
Cédric