Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ramesh <cf...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/20 15:19:56 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: authentication against active directory.

Hello,

Any solution to this ??

Thank you

________________________________
From: Ramesh <cf...@yahoo.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Thu, November 19, 2009 1:52:36 PM
Subject: authentication against active directory.

Hi,

I have a web site which I would want to allow only users after authenticating them against our Active Directory. I wanted to place .htaccess file in the main web folder

1. Do I need to install "mod_authz_ldap" module ? And is there any other module which I would need to install ?

2. Also what should I mention in .htaccess file to ask it to authenticate users against my Active Directory ?

Thank you.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: authentication against active directory.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Ramesh <cf...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Any solution to this ??

Get normal file-based auhentication working first, then add configuration
for mod_authnz_ldap and change your AuthBasicProvider to use it.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/auth.html
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html

--
Eric Covener