Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dave Brosius <db...@apache.org> on 2018/02/06 05:00:28 UTC

[beanutils] release?

Given the lack of impetus around doing anything more grand with
beanutils, can we put out the current state of beanutils as 2.0 so we
can get rid of the old commons-collections dependency, and then if folks
would like, we can think about moving on with what's on the alternative
branch in the future?

Re: [beanutils] release?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 6 February 2018 at 05:04, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 10:04 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 10:00 PM, Dave Brosius <db...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Given the lack of impetus around doing anything more grand with
>>> beanutils, can we put out the current state of beanutils as 2.0 so we can
>>> get rid of the old commons-collections dependency, and then if folks would
>>> like, we can think about moving on with what's on the alternative branch in
>>> the future?
>>>

>> That's fine with me.
>>

> But we might as well release commons-collection4 4.2 first.

Surely the two are independent?

Re: [beanutils] release?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: [beanutils] release?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 10:00 PM, Dave Brosius <db...@apache.org> wrote:

> Given the lack of impetus around doing anything more grand with beanutils,
> can we put out the current state of beanutils as 2.0 so we can get rid of
> the old commons-collections dependency, and then if folks would like, we
> can think about moving on with what's on the alternative branch in the
> future?

That's fine with me.

Gary