Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Modha Khammammettu <MK...@calcas.com> on 2008/02/19 18:11:01 UTC

Xmx and Xms where are these values set

Hi

I have a web app which runs on tomcat 5.5

When I run tomcat here is what I see in the output
MyMc 2008-02-15 05:05:02,925 INFO Memory usage: 249.923 MB used, 762.700
MB free, 1012.625 MB total, 1012.625 MB max

Tomcat comes up as a service.
Question: Where are these memory setting coming from, I looked at
catalina.bat, catalina.properties, service parameters there are no xmx
and xms values specified.

I need a way to input Xmx and Xms values.

If I change catalina.bat JAVA_OPTS and add the flags
"-XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintHeapAtGC -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps
I still see the same
MyMc 2008-02-15 05:05:02,925 INFO Memory usage: 249.923 MB used, 762.700
MB free, 1012.625 MB total, 1012.625 MB max
and nothing more.

Question: Why is that I am not seeing heap information output?

Please let me know.

Thanks

RE: Xmx and Xms where are these values set

Posted by Modha Khammammettu <MK...@calcas.com>.
I think the tomcat installation was corrupted.
I tried with a fresh install and I can see the heap and other
information just fine.

Thanks

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.