Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "sabyasachi.c" <sa...@mphasis.com> on 2002/12/26 13:46:46 UTC

Multiple file supportbased on severity levels.

Hi All,

 My application has the following requirements :

	1.	Each component should have  a configurable log level. The log calls from a particular component should be allowed only if above this threshold.
	2.	The different severity log levels should be logged in separate files.(e.g WARNING,INFO, FATAL, etc.)

 I am achieving point # 1 by creating different logger configurations.

However I cannot achieve point # 2 by different Appenders, since if I assoicate them with a Logger, all messages will be routed to both the Appenders.
One solution is that I create different loggers for different severity levels as well. This is an overhead as this implies (number of components x severity level)  number of loggers.

 Is there a better way to achieve this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Saby.